topic is Gay Marriage and the Defense of Marriage Act
need to have these in the paper:
- What are the significant milestones in your topic’s history? The idea in this paper is not to throw in every detail/development. Part of your task is to exercise judgement and select what is important enough to include and what is not.
- Are there any national laws or Supreme Court decisions around your topic? If yes, these are significant aspects and it is necessary to give these them proper attention in your paper.
- Does your topic play out at the state level too? If yes, what is going on among the states? Do these state actions contradict the federal position? Explore.
- Is your topic controversial or debated? If yes, what is the controversy about? What are the major arguments on each side? Or, what are the politics around the topic? Or, what action or inaction is happening among government leaders?
- Where does your topic stand today? Or, what is the next step that is due to happen?
- Lastly, as part of your closing comments, what is your own opinion on this topic, know that youhave done our research? It’s ok to not have a clearly developed opinion; use the space toexplore where your thinking is heading.
4. Research your selected topic in an unbiased manner. Give both sides of the story. As a researcher you hold back your opinion, preferring instead to explore all arguments, all evidence. Only after you have reported on all your research, in the final paragraph you can and should explore your own opinion. Again, this should remain in the closing portion of your paper, only after you have presented your research into all sides of the issue.