Adolescent development is broad and wide-ranging, including physical, socioemotional, and cognitive growth.
For this benchmark assignment, consider information learned regarding physical development and integrate it with your understanding of the social/emotional and cognitive changes occurring during adolescence.
Write a 1,000-1,250 word essay addressing the following concerns:
- In what ways do cognitive and social development affect learning?
- How does individuality, identity development, and personal behavior affect learning differences and development?
- How can diverse strengths, interests, and needs of adolescents be accounted for while providing appropriate instruction that advances learning?
- Why are school, community, and family supports critical to student learning and overall well-being of adolescents? How can ongoing support from these stakeholders be assured?
- How can technology reinforce learning experiences? How can a teacher ensure appropriate use of digital tools in the classroom? In what ways might digital tools support student success and creativity in a collaborative, student-focused classroom environment?
Support your findings with a minimum of three scholarly resources.
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center.
An abstract is not required.
This assignment uses a rubric. Review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
You are required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite.
COE Program Competencies Assessed:
DOMAIN 1: THE LEARNER AND LEARNING
1.1: Candidates create developmentally appropriate instruction that takes into account individual learners’ strengths, interests, and needs and that enables each learner to advance and accelerate his or her learning. (InTASC 1b)
1.2: Candidates design instruction to address each student’s diverse learning strengths and needs, and create opportunities for students to demonstrate their learning in different ways. (InTASC 2a)
DOMAIN 4: PROFESSIONAL RESPONSIBILITY
4.3: Working collaboratively with school colleagues, candidates build ongoing connections with community resources to enhance student learning and well-being. (InTASC 10e)