Your best friend has asked your help in securing a job where you work. You want to help your friend, but you know her social media sites have photos and other material that violate your company’s social media policy. You also know that the human resources department of your company always does a thorough search of social media sites of prospective hires. You need to write an email to your friend that explains which content needs to be deleted from her social media accounts and why. You need to discuss how refusal to delete the inappropriate photos and material might impact her ability to get the job. Your memo should clearly and specifically state the relevant rules from your company’s social media policy.
Create a one to two (1-2) paragraph memo in which you:
- Review your friend’s inappropriate social media content here.
- Review your company’s social media policy here.
- Create a one to two (1-2) paragraph email.
- Target the appropriate professional audience.
- Use appropriate language for professional audience.
- Use correct email formatting. See Figure 13.2.
- Follow appropriate netiquette rules for electronic communication. (See Text, Email, and Netiquette section in this week’s chapter reading.)
- Meet the 250-to-500-word minimum requirement.