· Chapter 15: Embedding ERM into Strategic Planning at the City of Edmonton
· Edmonton – Past and present ERM
· Links to strategic plan and to other strategic tools
· Selecting and testing tools and framework
· Recommended strategic ERM approach
· Chapter 12: Measuring Performance at Intuit: A Value-Added Component in ERM Programs
· Intuit’s ERM Journey
· ERM Maturity Model
· Benefits of Measuring Performance in ERM Models
· ERM Performance Measurement and Reporting
Chapter 12 presented the approach Intuit uses to measure the effectiveness of their ERM, and chapter 15 presented the process the City of Edmonton employed to develop and deploy their ERM.
DISUSSION -1 (300 to 350 Words)
Chapter 15: Embedding ERM into Strategic Planning at the City of Edmonton
1. What other strategic processes are closely tied to ERM?
2. What three kinds of risks are identified within the City of Edmonton?
3. What two criteria must be balanced in a successful ERM model?
DISUSSION -2 (300 to 350 Words)
Chapter 12: Measuring Performance at Intuit: A Value-Added Component in ERM Programs
1. How do Key Risk Indicators help companies identify emerging risks?
2. How do Key Performance Indicators help companies to manage existing risks?
3. If measuring performance is not a component of an ERM program, what is the effect on the overall quality of the program?