See file attachment to do this assignment
This exercise will focus on mapping data, and is a problem-solving challenge for you. The file below contains four simple coordinates, labeled A through D. Using this file and Google’s MyMaps you will place this coordinate data on a map and then share it with me. This is not an overly difficult assignment, but it may be new for many of you. I’m going to give you some very simple guidelines to follow (these are not exact steps).
- Go to mymaps.google.com. You will need to sign in with a (free) Google/Gmail account. If you don’t have one, make one (again, it’s free).
- Create a new map
- Import the XLSX data (file below) into the new map.
- Give your map a name.
- Play with the ‘styling’ of the data points on the map. How is it presented?
- Share the map – make it available via a link, publically.
- Submit that URL here. There is a sample below.
If you have a tool that you would rather use to create this map, go right ahead. You just have to be able to submit a URL to me so I can see your results. I recommend Google Maps because it is powerful, easy to use, and free.
What you should end up with: