Teachers are often asked to support families in understanding a variety of topics related to their child’s education. One such area is supporting families in understanding the differences between state learning standards and curriculum along with the importance of both.
For this assignment, create a double-sided, folded pamphlet that can be distributed to families of Pre-K to Grade 3 students at the beginning of the school year to support their understanding of how curriculum is tied to the state learning standards.
Your pamphlet should include:
- Definitions of standards and curriculum, and an explanation of the difference between the two.
- An explanation of the purpose behind having learning standards guide curriculum development.
- How teachers use the standards to begin developing lesson plans and the purpose of instructional planning.
- An overview of the role of the teacher in the curriculum process, and how curriculum is used to support student learning.
- Information about individualization so that parents can better understand how their child will be supported in the classroom.
- Definitions of pre-assessments and post-assessments and their influence on instructional strategies.
Support your assignment with scholarly 2-3 resources.
While APA style format is not required for the body of this assignment, solid academic writing is expected, and in-text citations and references should be presented using documentation guidelines, which can be found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center.
This assignment uses a rubric. Review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
You are required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite.