Start by reading and following these instructions:
1. Quickly skim the questions or assignment below and the assignment rubric to help you focus.
2. Read the required chapter(s) of the textbook and any additional recommended resources. Some answers may require you to do additional research on the Internet or in other reference sources. Choose your sources carefully.
3. Consider the discussion and the any insights you gained from it.
4. Create your Assignment submission and be sure to cite your sources, use APA style as required, check your spelling.
Create a PowerPoint presentation that addresses each of the following points. Be sure to completely answer all the questions for each bullet point. Use clear headings that allow your professor to know which bullet you are addressing on the slides in your presentation. Support your content with at least three (3) citations throughout your presentation. Make sure to reference the citations using the APA writing style for the presentation. Include a slide for your references at the end. Follow best practices for PowerPoint presentations related to text size, color, images, effects, wordiness, and multimedia enhancements. Review the rubric criteria for this assignment.
In a separate Word document, create speakers notes to explain your slides (minimum 50 words per slide). Include a slide for your references at the end. Follow best practices for PowerPoint presentations related to text size, color, images, effects, wordiness, and multimedia enhancements. Review the rubric criteria for this assignment.
After researching information on medical records and charts, prepare a PowerPoint making sure at a minimum you cover the following areas:
- Describe what medical records and charts include.
- Provide pros and cons of paper vs. electronic.
- Importance of using medical records & charts – Give three detailed examples.
- Why is the Joint Commission important? What do they do?
- Why is HIPAA essential and what does it do?
- How is the Joint Commission and HIPAA involved in the creation of this tool?
- With electronic medical records (EMR), does one size fit all? Why or why not.
Length: Your power-point should be between 17-25 slides; answers must thoroughly address the prompts/questions in a clear, concise manner
Title slide and reference slides in APA style (at least 1 slide each)
History (3-4 slides)
Medical Records/Charts Include (3-4 slides)
Paper/Electronic (2-3 slides)
Importance (3-4 slides)
Joint Commission (1-2 slides)
HIPPA (1-2 slides)
Joint Commission/HIPPA (1-2 slides)
EMR (1-2 slides)
Additionally, because a good presentation has few words on the slides, include a script with the verbiage you would say when presenting; script should be a minimum of 50 words per slide and saved to a Word document.
Review the rubric for further criteria to obtain the best possible grade.
References: Use the appropriate APA style in-text citations and references for all resources utilized to answer the questions. Include at least three (3) scholarly citations to support your claims.
Format: Save your script assignment as a Microsoft PowerPoint document and a Word document (.pptx) and (.doc or .docx).
File name: Name your presentation file according to your first initial, last name, and the assignment number (for example, “RHall Assignment 1letter.pptx” or “RHall Assignment 1memo.pptx”)