Unless otherwise instructed, Lesson Assignments should be prepared in Microsoft Word® using the Times New Roman font, 12 point, single space, double space between paragraphs. Each page must be numbered and your last name and student number included on the upper left hand corner of each page. Each student is responsible for completing all assignments by the required date and time. This course contains a number of lesson assignments and/or case studies. All assignments are to be completed in a Microsoft Word® document conforming to American Psychological Association (APA) formatting standards (https://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/560/01/). Additionally, please ensure your assignment has a cover page and a separate reference page, see "Example Assignment Submission Template", as an example. For any additional information on APA, please reference the course syllabus.
Your lesson assignment responses should be evidenced from the course textbook and/or from peer-reviewed sources not more than 5 years old. In general, Wikipedia is not a professionally-reviewed resource and should not be used as an assignment reference. You must cite your references so that readers can verify your conclusions, and easily determine what is your work, and what is paraphrased or taken directly from other sources. Failure to give credit for the work of others in your assignments and writing projects constitutes plagiarism.
TThe following Short Answer Questions should be completed and submitted to the course faculty via the learning platform for evaluation and grading. Submit your responses to these questions in one WORD document. List the question first, and then your response. Additionally, your responses are to be answered in a paragraph narrative format; not bulletized or numbered lists. In most cases your responses to each individual questions should be no more than 500 words (per question).
Hiring and Managing Employees
1) Describe the differences between human resource management in a domestic setting and an international setting, and explain the three phases of human resources planning.
2) Explain why a person's ability to bridge cultural differences must be considered during "selection" for international assignments. How can eTraining help in bridging cultural differences?
3) Explain the advantages and disadvantages of a geocentric staffing policy, and discuss the effects of culture shock when assigning an employee to work in another country.
4) Differentiate between culture shock and reverse culture shock. How can companies help employees deal with such issues?
5) Compare and contrast the methods of cultural training. Is any single method better than all the others?
6) What factors influence the wages of nonmanagerial workers?