Select a familiar organization (you are encouraged to select an organization in which you have been employed for at least 6 months). Then, choose one of the eight dimensions used to rate top U.S. companies in which the organization appears to be under-performing. Prepare a PowerPoint presentation (12-15 slides) that addresses the following:
- Identify a major issue the organization is facing and in which dimension (of the eight identified above) it is under-performing. Explain the ramifications the under-performance is currently having on the organization. Identify the likely consequence of failure to improve in the selected dimension.
- Analyze the relevance of the current organizational structure, design, and culture and their influence on organizational effectiveness, especially in relationship to the dimension in which the organization is struggling.
- Determine whether the organization embodies the principles and values of conscious culture and management and its relevance to improving organizational function.
- Present a plan to bring about necessary improvement using Kotter's 8-step change model.
- Address possible challenges to the suggested change and your plans for managing those challenges.
- Explain how different subsystems need to be realigned in order to bring about the change.
- Detail any lessons learned and evaluate strategies that you as a manager will either avoid or engage in when designing the structure, building culture, and managing change in your organization.
- Present evidence from at least three scholarly articles to support your position and proposed change initiative.