You should now be comfortable with using in-text citations and reference pages, both according to APA Formatting. This assignment is in the format you will be expected to use on all subsequent papers during your academic career. Use this opportunity to create a good model for your academic work going forward.
In 700 words, discuss one or more key challenges for the future of leisure. You may select one or more themes, topics, or issues that were covered in the course lectures or textbook. Use class materials, the course text, and at least three peer-reviewed journal articles to support your arguments and provide examples. The objective of this assignment is for you to synthesize and communicate what you have learned in this class and to make use of the latest leisure science publications available to you at UF.
RESOURCES TO HELP YOU
For help finding peer-reviewed academic journal articles please visit the UF library or its homepage for instructions. Here are a few places to start:
- What does peer-reviewed mean? (Links to an external site.)http://www.uflib.ufl.edu/msl/services/tutorials/finding_articles/peer-reviewed.html
- How do I find peer-reviewed articles on UF Library webpages? UF Library research steps with screen prints.pdfActions
- You may also contact the tourism and recreation library subject experts for assistance:
Include a bibliography that conforms to APA referencing standards – this counts over and above word or page count. To learn about why citing is important and how you can make sure to do it properly visit these guides:
Remember that anything that you list in the bibliography must to be referenced in the text of your assignment. If you are using direct quotations, please limit them to no more than 2 sentences each and include the author, date and page number for each in the text. Example (Author, year: page number).
Failure to properly cite your references will result in points being deducted from your grade and it could raise concerns about plagiarism. Please review the UF Honor Code before submitting your work: https://catalog.ufl.edu/ugrad/current/advising/info/student-honor-code.aspx (Links to an external site.).
INSTRUCTIONS FOR COMPLETING THE WRITTEN ASSIGNMENT
- Your assignment must be no longer than 1000 words in length. Any content beyond this will not be graded
- Your assignment must be double spaced and 12 point font
- You must cite and reference at least 3 peer-reviewed journal articles in-text and in the bibliography.
- Include only your name and student number on your assignment
- Submit your assignment in Canvas. Do not submit by email unless you have difficulty access Canvas
- Submit your assignment before the deadline as late assignments will not be accepted and will receive a 0 grad