There are three parts to this essay assignment. Review the organizational chart for California’s Department of Corrections (DOC) and Rehabilitation (ATTACHED)
Second, review the organizational charts on pp. 251, 252, 267, and 272 of your textbook (Tables 10-1, 10-2, 10-4, and 10-6) (ATTACHED). In essay format, compare and contrast the organizational chart examples from the textbook and the organizational chart for California’s DOC by addressing the areas listed below.
1) How might the differences in models contribute to each agency’s overall organizational effectiveness?
2) Argue the value of having numerous organizational models for corrections as opposed to having a universal organizational model.
3) Consider what you have learned about the roles and functions of corrections personnel. How might the roles and functions of corrections personnel vary given differing organizational structures? Give specific examples.
4) For the third and final part of this essay assignment, address the questions below.
5) If you had to choose an organizational structure for corrections that would be universally applied in the United States, regardless of demographic, population, or location, which would you choose for maximum organizational effectiveness, and why? What specific factors do you believe would lead to greater organizational effectiveness?
Your essay should start with a brief introduction. Each part of your essay should be one page in length; therefore, your essay should be at least three pages in length, not counting the title page and references page. You must use at least two sources to support your essay, one of which may be your textbook. All sources used should be properly cited. Your essay, including all references, should be formatted in APA Style.