Signature Assignment Part A: Needs Assessment . create your own survey using guidance from Lecture 1) to gather training needs and prioritize them (1, 2, 3, etc.). Distribute the survey in Week One. Collect and analyze the data in Week Two. If you have no one to distribute the survey to just complete it yourself based on your current or former organization. You could also use an outside organization (e.g., religious, non-profit, volunteer organization) with their expressed permission. Naturally all responses are confidential and anonymous. Your minimum five-page analysis is due at the end of Week Two and must include:
- APA compliant cover page (use sample in Course Resources)
- An Introduction (use as first subheading) that clearly states the purpose and scope of the paper
- A copy of the survey used (put at end of paper after References and label as Appendix A)
- Distribution Sample (use as subheading two) that identifies who the survey was sent to (titles, not names), when it was distributed and collected and response rate. If possible, try to distribute it to a vertical and horizontal cross-section of your organization or department. Again, if you have no one to distribute the survey to just complete it yourself based on your current or former organization. You could also use an outside organization (e.g., religious, non-profit, volunteer organization) with their expressed permission.
- Survey Analysis (use as subheading three) that evaluates the survey responses. What are the prevailing patterns or trends?
- Additional Proposed Methodology (use as subheading four). Comment on at least ONE of the following additional methods that you could use to gather more training needs assessment information. If you can, propose a timeline for distribution and collection of your selected method(s). Either embed this in your paper OR include copies of the document(s) as additional appendices. Here are the other four methods that you must pick at least ONE of:
(1) Interviews. Provide a list of questions to ask, to whom and when.
(2) Organizational or Departmental Records or Reports. Identify the name(s) of the documents and what performance is measured by them. e.g., monthly safety reports that measure accidents and injuries.
(3) Observation. Identify specific, observable behaviors e.g., smiling, courteous disposition with customer during customer service interaction.
(4) Tests. Provide a sample test and their answers.
g. Proposed Prioritized Training Topics (use as subheading five). Based on survey responses and your additional methodology provide a prioritized (1, 2, 3) list of proposed training topics. Make sure they are mutually exclusive and collectively exhaustive (MECE) meaning that there is no overlap in topics and you have not forgotten any important topics. You will use ONE of the topics (preferably the first one) to write a proposed Training Plan as Signature Assignment Part B due at the end of Week Three.
h. If you discover from the needs assessment data that there are additional performance improvement opportunities that are NOT training or skill-based include a sixth subheading entitled Additional Performance Improvement Opportunities and comment on them in this paragraph.
i. integrate relevant references from Noe and other sources (at least three total) in the body of your paper (AuthorLastname, year) as well as an APA-compliant Reference page at the end of your paper (before the Appendices