DUE: November. 09 2017
NEED 5 References.
(1). Application – Best Practices
For over 20 years, the Women’s Health Initiative (WHI) study has conducted research trials to examine factors that impact risks and development of conditions that impact women such as:
TOPIC: BREAST CANCER
Health care providers use results from these trials to develop guidelines for delivering care to patients.
In your role in clinical settings, you must be familiar with these guidelines, and you must be aware that through clinical practice, guidelines frequently evolve and change. Often, what is considered a best practice today might not be a best practice in the future.
For this Assignment, you compare guidelines outlined in the Women’s health initiatives (WHI) study to current best practices for assessing and managing conditions.
· Review the Women’s Health Initiative article in this week’s Learning Resources.
· Select one disorder presented in this study. (MY TOPIC IS ON: BREAST CANCER).
· Locate and select a research & Scholarly written article that addresses current best practices for assessing and managing the disorder you selected.
· Be sure that the research article you select is from a reputable source.
· Consider the similarities and differences between the best practices presented in the WHI study and the article you selected.
· Think about the potential impact of differences in best practices on women’s health.
· Consider whether the best practices in the article you selected should be used in clinical
Write a 2 page paper that addresses the following:
· 1). Describe the disorder you selected from the Women’s Health Initiative study.
· 2). Explain the current best practices for assessing and managing this disorder as 3. suggested in the research article you selected.
3). Compare the best practices presented in the WHI study to the current best practices presented in the article.
· 4). Explain how the differences in best practices might impact women’s health.
· 5). Explain whether you think the current best practices in the article you selected should be used in clinical practice.
· 6). Support your position with evidence-based research.
Please refer to these references: ONLY
1.Schuiling, K. D., & Likis, F. E. (2017). Women’s gynecologic health (3rd ed.). Burlington, MA: Jones and Bartlett Publishers.
2.Tharpe, N. L., Farley, C., & Jordan, R. G. (2017). Clinical practice guidelines for midwifery & women’s health (5th ed.). Burlington, MA: Jones & Bartlett Publishers.
3.Department of Health and Human Services, National Institutes of Health, & National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute. (n.d.). Women’s Health Initiative: WHI background and overview. Retrieved March 20, 2013, from http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/whi/background.htm
4.This website outlines details of the Women’s Health Initiative (WHI) and introduces the various health issues addressed by the WHI.
5.Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. (2012b). Women’s health. Retrieved from http://www.cdc.gov/women/
6.National Institutes of Health. (2012). Office of Research on Women’s Health (ORWH). Retrieved from http://orwh.od.nih.gov/
7.U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. (2012a). Womenshealth.gov. Retrieved from http://www.womenshealth.gov/