Overview of the healthcare policy concern and solution:
This section provides a concise but comprehensive overview of the healthcare policy as well as the solution. Required content includes:
· Identification of the healthcare policy (Presentation of healthcare policy concern)
· Identification of the student identified solution (Presentation of a student identified a solution to the healthcare policy concern)
· Relevance to the community or population group
· Information is relevant to healthcare concern and its solution
· Identification of communication techniques: This section requires the delineation of communication techniques useful to the upcoming presentation to the selected elected official. Required content includes:
· Identification of the selected elected official and position
· Rationale for the selection
· Identification of 4 (four) beneficial communication/presentation techniques
· Providing scholarly resources that support the use of the identified communication techniques
· Self-evaluation of presentation: This section provides an opportunity for self-evaluation. The student must self-evaluate oneself in each major content area by identifying one positive and one area to improve (i.e. content, method of delivery, and style of delivery):
i. Presentation of healthcare policy concern
ii. Presentation of the student identified a solution to the healthcare policy concern
iv. Information is relevant to healthcare concern and its solution
Conclusion: This section requires a summary of the key points from the assignment
Preparing the Assignment
1. The paper (excluding the title page and reference page) should be at least 2, but no more than 4 pages. Points will be lost for not meeting these length requirements.
2. Title page, running head, the body of the paper, and reference page must follow APA guidelines as found in the 6thedition of the manual. This includes the use of headings for each section of the paper except for the introduction where no heading is used.
3. A minimum of 4(four) appropriate research-based scholarly references must be used.
4. The required textbook for this course, dictionary and Chamberlain College of Nursing lesson information may not be used as scholarly references for this assignment. For additional assistance regarding scholarly nursing references, please see “What is a scholarly source” located in the Course Resources tab. Be aware that information from .com websites may be incorrect and should be avoided. References are current – within a 5-year time frame unless a valid rationale is provided, and the instructor has approved them prior to submission of the assignment.
5. Ideas and information from scholarly, peer-reviewed, nursing sources must be cited and referenced correctly.
6. Rules of grammar, spelling, word usage and punctuation are followed and consistent with formal, scientific writing.