- As you progress on your journey toward becoming a counselor, self-reflection and introspection can enhance your effectiveness and confidence as you refine your skills and goals.
This assignment will encourage you to reflect on your progress so far and challenge you to evaluate the steps you have yet to take.
Write a 1,400- to 1,750-word self-analysis in which you:
- Explain why you want to be a counselor.
- Analyze your personal fit and suitability for the profession based on characteristics of effective counselors.
- Refer to Ch. 3 (“Characteristics of the Effective Counselor”) in the text as needed.
- You may wish to incorporate the results of the Holland Code career inventory.
- Discuss the personal growth areas you identified that need attention in Week 1.
- Include at least 1 academic source.
Format your assignment according to course-level APA guidelines.