(THIS WAS THE FIRST PART OF THE ASSIGNMENT WE HAD TO DO)
Submit the name of the agency: New Heights Middle School, Jefferson, South Carolina.
The social worker: Sakeisha Magee,
Including their social work degree or licensure (e.g., MSW, LCSW, etc.): She has a LMSW
(THIS IS WHAT NEEDS TO BE COMPLETED AND FORMULATED INTO A PAPER)
Submit a 4- to 5-page written account of your agency visit. In the paper, address each of the following areas and support your ideas with evidence from course resources and additional research.
- Describe the agency. Including:
- Services offered
- Mission of the agency
- Clientele or population served
- Describe the social worker’s job activities and professional roles
- Explain what brought the social worker to the field and their work history
- Explain opportunities for advancement and what the social worker does for professional development
- Describe the social worker’s overall job satisfaction and strategies they use for self-care
- Analyze your experience. Specifically,
- Discuss your thoughts and feelings related to the agency, clientele, and type of work.
- Reflect on why you may have experienced these reactions to the agency, clientele, and type of work.
- Explain which social work values and ethics were evident (or not evident) during the interview.
- Explain how social and economic justice relates to the services provided or population served by this agency.
- Explain how cultural competence was demonstrated (or not demonstrated) within the agency or by the social worker.