Suppose that you are a researcher interested in the possible effect of consumption carbonated drink beverages on bladder cancer. Write a proposal for a prospective cohort design to study this phenomenon.
1) Give an overview of the design as it applies to this scenario.
2) Discuss how you will select exposed and unexposed population;
3) the sources of information about the exposure;
4) and the sources of information about the outcome and any other key variables.
5) Also, make sure that you discuss how you will attempt to keep follow-up rates as high as possible;
6) the procedure you will use to calculate person-time, and
7) the measures of disease frequency you will calculate from the data you collect.