Cis 562 Case Study 2
Case Study 2: POS Attacks
Suppose you are a security director for a consulting firm that implements, secures, investigates, and supports point-of-sale (POS) for small and medium businesses (SMBs) in the retail industry.
Read the article titled, “If you shopped at these 16 stores in the last year, your data might have been stolen” located at https://www.businessinsider.com/data-breaches-2018-4 Choose 2 stores from the list and research the specific attack or breach.
Write a paper in which you:
- Summarize the attacks, providing details on the effects of the breach.
- Identify the common purpose of attacks on point-of-sale (POS) systems.
- Assess why and how these POS systems have become a prime target for hacking groups.
- Examine the forensics challenges that exist for investigations on POS systems.
- Use at least two (2) quality resources in this assignment other than the article linked above. Note: Wikipedia and similar websites do not qualify as quality resources.