For this week's discussion, please respond to the following:
- Develop an elevator pitch for your NAB business using the tips provided below. Use quotation marks for the elevator speech.
- Provide a rationale for components of your pitch.
Watch the following Lynda.com videos from the video series Giving Your Elevator Pitch with Todd Dewett (use your student login for Lynda.com if prompted):
- Benefits to an Elevator Pitch (2:01)
- Making an Initial Connection (2:43)
- Structuring your Pitch (3:57)
Review this article, " The 3-Part Elevator Pitch Formula You Need to Know" by Robert Bly, about the 3 steps to include in your elevator pitch.
Please consider the following as you prepare your speech:
- The tone of your speech should be upbeat and confident, but not arrogant
- Make sure you use positive and compelling words
- The speech should be short in duration (about 30 seconds)
Week 9 "video response" challenge: Making a video response will give you excellent practice for doing a "live" elevator speech someday! If you'd like, you may submit your elevator speech as a video and include it as your response. Please make sure that you post a viable video file or include a functional link to the video.
A little more about this week's discussion
While the elevator pitch is a tool known to be used in business, to pitch ideas and products or services, you can also use them when introducing your organization to potential customers or clients, when you are interviewing for a job or explaining to people what you do. The same principles will apply.
For this discussion, we are pitching our business. Such fun and great exercise!
Be sure to review the resources provided in the discussion requirements and follow the example provided in the pdf article.
Check out this video on how to approach this week’s discussion.